Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sewin' Time...










Here I have posted a couple of hats that my husband and I made (he made the hat in the first 2 pictures and I made the hat in the bottom 2 pictures). These hats were made using old sweaters (wool or mostly wool) that we found at our local thrift store. The first hat (the one my husband made was done using a pattern we found off the internet...which I found to be a little difficult, but I think he did a great job...he's not a sewin' kinda guy, so consider that as well. The hat I made I did by just looking at one of the other winter hats we had lying around. I did 4 points at the top rather than 5 (which is what the other hat had) I did make a hat with 5 points when I was just testing out how it would work and it turned out great, but its just easier to make it with 4 points. Maybe I will post a tutorial. Its quick, fun, easy, and cheap. And you can get about 2 adult size hats out of 1 sweater in most cases. Its just something that I enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave kind words here...