If you'd like an alternative to the classic Tuna Sandwich or you're just looking to switch things up a bit at lunchtime, then look no further than my Scrumptious Chickpea Sandwich!
This sandwich is amazing! Seriously. Full of fresh flavor and healthy nutrients, how could anyone not love this glorious spread?! (Just a side note - my young children loved it too!)
* One 15oz-ish can of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) - drained, rinsed & dried
* 2-3 TBS mayonaise
* 2 tsp dill relish
* 2 green onions, thinly sliced
* 1/2 tsp dried dill
* 1/2 tsp dried parsley
* Squeeze of lemon juice
* Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Take your drained/rinced/dried chickpeas and place them in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until you've reached a desired consistancy.
2. Add in your mayonaise and stir until well blended.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until everything is mixed in nicely.
4. Spread on sliced bread or crackers if you prefer.
(Don't be afraid to play around with the flavors in this recipe! If you like more dill, by all means add more dill! You get the idea.)