Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Recipe : : Creamy Spinach Dip



I was craving a delicious, warm spinach dip lately and after spending some time on Pinterest, I found some that looked good, but none of the recipes were exactly what I wanted so I just decided to take the best from what I could find and create my own version of a warm spinach dip!
My recipe is very laid back. You really can't go wrong and you can even tweak it to make it your own.

Creamy Spinach Dip

*8oz package frozen chopped spinach - thawed & drained)

*Half of one onion - sliced very thinly
 
*2 cloves of garlic - minced very finely

*8oz cream cheese - room tempature

*1 cup of parmesan cheese - fresh or powdered is fine

*1/4 cup (or so) of mayonnaise

*2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil

*2 teaspoons salt

*1 teaspoons black pepper

(*1-2 tablespoons of milk to thin out - optional)

--Heat a skillet to about medium heat and add your oil to the pan
--Once your oil is hot, add In your onion and garlic (you want them to become nice and soft, not burnt!) Stir often.
--After your onion and garlic are nice and soft, lower the heat a bit and add in your drained spinach and stir.
--Now add in your cream cheese and stir until it is well incorporated with the spinach, onions & garlic mixture. (smashing with a fork helps)
--After the cream cheese is blended, add in your mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper (mix well!)
-- Now turn off your heat and transfer the dip into a bowl and serve with corn chips & veggies!

I hope you enjoy this dip as much as I did!

Feel free to share this recipe on Pinterest!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave kind words here...