If you're on the hunt for the perfect snickerdoodle cookie, stop right here!
These cookies turn out perfect every time. They are light, buttery, slightly crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They go perfect with a cup of coffee or tea and can be enjoyed any time of the day. I have slightly altered this recipe, but the original can be found HERE.
* 1 cup of soften butter
* 1 1/2 cups natural granulated cane sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
* 2 tsp. cream of tartar
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1/2 tsp. real, all natural salt
* 2 3/4 cups of unbleached, all purpose flour
* 1/2 cup natural granulated cane sugar
* 2 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (or you can wait to do this step until after the dough has chilled)
2. In a large bowl, cream together your butter, eggs, sugar & vanilla until nice and "fluffy".
3. Next, mix in your cream of tartar, baking soda & salt until well incorporated
4. The last thing to mix in is your flour. Stir until there is no more flour visible and everything looks smooth.
5. Place the cookie dough in the freezer for 10-15 mintues to let everything rest and firm up a bit.
**While your dough is chilling, in a smaller bowl, mix together your 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon.**
6. After your dough is done chilling, with a small cookie scoop, scoop out your dough and one at a time roll the entire ball in your cinnamon and sugar mixture.
7. Place your balls of cookie dough on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and ever so gently press down on your cookie dough balls (as pictured below)
8. Once your cookie sheet is filled up, place them in the oven for 8-10 mintues (I found that 8 1/2 minutes is the perfect time for me.)
9. Once done, let them cool and enjoy!