Pizza is my favorite food. There, I said it. There's just something about it. I've become quite the pizza perfectionist over the years. My absolute favorite spot to grab a slice (or two) of pizza is Mellow Mushroom. If you've never heard of Mellow Mushroom, I highly recommend looking them up and if you have heard of them, live close enough to one, but have never tried them out - then you better get on that!
My absolute favorite pizza from MM is their Magical Mystery Tour Pizza and you can find my copycat recipe for that here.
The pizza that I decided to recreate most recently was their Thai Dye Pizza. Now, I have never actually tasted their version, but the ingredients looked so unique and fresh, I just had to give it a whirl. The result? A delicious and most unique pizza with flavors that were perfect for summer. (you just can't beat those fresh sliced cucumbers & tomatoes on top!)
So without further ado, here is my version of Mellow Mushroom's Thai Dye Pizza!
Copycat Mellow Mushroom Thai Dye Pizza
(Makes 1 Pizza)
* 1 homemade pizza crust (I use this recipe)
* 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 1/2 cup cooked curry chicken, diced (special instructions below)
* 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced into quarters
* 1/2 small onion, sliced very thin
* 1 Roma tomato, sliced in halves
* 4-5 basil leaves, sliced thin
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 3-4 TBS olive oil
* 2 TBS sweet chili sauce
* Parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional)
* Mix up your dough. When it's risen nicely, roll out and place it on your pizza pan or stone
* For the chicken, precooked works just fine & it's what I used. Just toss your cooked chicken in a pan with a little bit of butter & olive oil. Add about 1 teaspoon (or more if you desire) of a yellow curry powder and sauté for a few minutes. Set aside
* Warm your olive oil either in a microwave (15 seconds) or in a pan (on very low heat) & and your minced garlic. This will be the base flavor of the pizza.
Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees F
* Spoon your olive oil & garlic mixture over the dough, spread evenly. (you can even drizzle a little over the crust)
* Sprinkle your cheese evenly over your olive oil & garlic base
* Add the curry chicken
* Add sliced onions
* Bake pizza for 15-20 minutes or until crust is a nice golden brown & your cheese is just toasty
After baking instructions
* Once the pizza is taken out of the oven, add your fresh sliced cucumbers & tomatoes
* Add your sliced basil
* Drizzle the sweet chili sauce in a nice swirl over the pizza
* Sprinkle parmesan cheese (optional)
I truly hope you enjoyed this pizza & if you've tried the real thing, let me know how close this came!