Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pesto-Tomato-Spinach Sandwich



*Pesto-Tomato-Spinach Sandwhich*
(recipe makes one sandwich)

I created this sandwich today with ingredients I had on hand. I hope you will try this sandwich and enjoy it as much as I did!

*Start with freshley prepared pesto, about 2 Tbs
*2-3 Tbs full fat sour cream
*Half a medium tomato, sliced
*1/4 Cup baby spinach
*1 Mini ciabatta bread loaf
*Pinch of kosher salt
(all measurements approx.)

*In a small bowl, mix the pesto with the sour cream
*Cut open the loaf of ciabatta bread
*Slather the sour cream/pesto mixture onto both halves of the bread
*layer the slices of tomato evenly on the bread
*Sprinkle the salt over the tomatoes
*Top with baby spinach
*Add on the top of the ciabatta loaf
*Enjoy!

(This sandwich would also be lovely with some mozzarella slices or provalone cheese)

1 comment:

  1. So tasty, I will remember this come summer, when my tomatoes are growing, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete

Leave kind words here...